How would you sum up your life if you only had six words to do it?
That’s the theme of the latest meme with which I have been tagged, by Leafless over at Pen of Passion. It’s based loosely on the “world’s shortest story” of Ernest Hemingway fame.
Without further ado, the rules:
- Write your own six word memoir.
- Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
- Link to the person who tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
- Tag five more blogs with links.
- And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
With that out of the way, I don’t know that I can do it in six words, frankly. That’s hard to do. I’ve had a lot of living happen in only 4 decades and a bit, but I’ve ridden a pretty ridiculous and exaggerated roller coaster. I’ve always felt this quote suited me best, honestly:
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
-Frankenstein’s Creature, from “Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein”, 1994
So, trying to say that in six words is pretty tough. On the other hand, as a writer, you kind of want to take up the challenge. So, I think I’d like to remember my life this way:
Rise up on wings like eagles.
Hasn’t happened yet. May never happen. But that’s where I’m trying to go, what I’m aiming for, what I hope for and pray for. We’ll see; time will show.
Have fun, and God bless, y’all!