Sometimes, I’m a little dense. A little thick-headed. A little dumb. But eventually, I learn. And I have finally learned something. What was it? That what I’m doing to solve my current situational problem isn’t working.
Well, now I think it’s high time I recognized continuing to do things the same way is going to lead to the same results, and y’all, that ain’t good.
So, I can’t promise I’ll be as active online for a little while as I try to straighten out my resume. I’m going to try for a new format and a few variations on it, to see if applying for positions with something more specialized helps. In time.
I’ve been putting this off for a long time because I hate the idea of struggling to come up with buzz words (and not knowing that they should be!), and fighting to make correlations between my actual skills and things being sought in the marketplace. No more. I can’t run the machine the same way anymore. Just can’t.
So, despite my procrastinated desire to work on my manuscript, I have to put that off and look at doing something drastic to my resume and see if I can land the elusive job in the land of 8% unemployment. Since this is priority one, I’ll have to put off other writing things I want to do, too.
Wish me luck, and if any of you have specific buzz words you can offer me from today’s employment market, please feel free to do so.
See ya when I can!
Related articles by Zemanta
- internet job boards – wasted effort? (bripblap.com)
- CareerBuilder.com, “Tips” – The Best and Worst Super Bowl Commercials 2009 – TIME (time.com)
- 10 Ning Networks to Help You Land Your Next Job (mashable.com)
- 10 Great Social Sites for Resume Building (mashable.com)
- What To Do If You Lose Your Job (halliecrawford.typepad.com)
- Job Hunting with Social Media (tsurch.com)
- 10 Job Listing Sites With Unique Opportunities (jobsearchingblog.com)
- 5 Things to do when you’re unemployed. Hint: It’s not job hunting. (penelopetrunk.com)
- 5 Tips For Using Twitter In Your Job Search (krishnade.com)
- TwitterJobSearch.com – Twitter Job Search Engine. (tsurch.com)
- How a Blog Can Help Your Job Search (everything.typepad.com)
- Where do you start your job search? (WWW.BUSINESS901.COM)
- Unemployment Jumps to 25-Year High (mymortgageinsider.com)
- Unemployment Hits 8.1 Percent (outsidethebeltway.com)
- “Job Squad” Set To Spring Into Action (cbsnews.com)