Well! I did it!
I set out to get my resume reformatted, to a more practical style, and hoped to add some “buzz words” to it which would make it more desirable for recruiters and hiring managers. I also wanted to shorten it if I could — it was a whopping three pages before.
And, as I let you all know in my last post, I thought this would take me a couple of days. As it turns out, it didn’t. I got some amazing feedback from some special friends — namely, Damyanti and KreeStee. Without their invaluable input, I wouldn’t have been able to do this. As it is, I finished it last night and I’ll be hitting the job boards with it tonight before bedtime.
I’m sort of stoked about it, really. I have a lot of hope this will change the amount of hits I’m getting now, and if I can increase activity, maybe something will come through. Everyone I talk to says I have great experience and qualifications, but no one’s biting on the bait right now.
So, everyone cross your fingers and say a prayer. Maybe this is what I need to break something loose.
Thanks for all the unflagging support, and words of encouragement. I appreciate it. I’ll let you know if things get better.
Related articles by Zemanta
- What to put on your resume. (winetalent.blogspot.com)
- 10 Improvements You Can Make to Your Resume Right Now (lifehack.org)
- Building a Good Resume (crystalware.wordpress.com)
- Jump to a New Career with a Killer Resume and Plan (lifehacker.com)
- Six words to delete from your resume (billbennettnz.wordpress.com)