I went to Plinky.com to pick out some potential prompts for today. There were a couple of possibilities, but some of the suggestions are clearly for the MySpace generation.
- Fictionalize a real argument you’ve had; write only in dialog. Nah. Boring. I can’t remember the last argument I had anyway. It was probably lame and odds are, I lost.
- Write a story in dialog; your characters: Two cops in Alaska. Okay, this one tempted me like a giant hot dog suspended from a Voot cruiser tempts Pipi the gargantuan hamster of doom. But no. If I wanted to publish fiction on my blog, I would (as opposed to my fiction blog where I DO post fiction). When I did post fiction here, no one liked it (hit counts don’t lie, people).
- Something about comfort food. Yeah, right. I don’t get comfort from food, I get fatter. And I don’t need to carry on about something I love to eat that I can’t afford anymore. Pass.
- Defend your vice; how did you start? Last time I did this, commentator Bob got his feelings a little hurt and it took a while to get things worked out. No thanks. I’m not here to ruffle feathers, I’m here to have a little joy. Besides, I gave that vice up and haven’t decided what I’ll replace it with yet.
- Describe what you looked like in high school for your memoir. Eh? What I looked like in high school? Why would that make it to my memoir? Jeezum crow, I don’t know if I can remember what I looked like in high school My wife’s behind me going, “I was hot! I was hot!” I rolled my eyes.
Plinky’s prompts stank, frankly. I got bored after these (but that Alaskan cop one kept coming back to me), so I quit. I bitched to my wife, who told me to use the Creativity some-crap-or-other.
So I get the URL and hop over there. I have to dig a little, but I finally found the writing prompts.
- High school… That’s it. Nothing more. I’m like, “WTF?” Nah.
- I remember… That’s it. Nothing more. I’m like, “WTF?” I remember lots of things. C’mon. Seriously, c’mon.
Okay, that’s far enough, I can’t take it. So I sit back, sigh heavy and wonder what the hell I’m going to blog about today.