Ha! Thought you were rid of me, didn’t you? Well, think again, chumps.
More likely, none of you probably even noticed I didn’t post anything Monday. Or today for that matter. But I’m posting now because I like blogging, and figured I should say something to make it seem like I’m blogging. Heh.
How ‘bout a round of news and updates? …like I’ve got news, right?
- The slurp (credit for coining that term goes to my friend Kristy btw, who came up with it during the first SSRLP) is not progressing. I’m waiting to hear back from the publisher on whether they’re okay with a total rewrite of the book, what their schedule is, where the heck are my guidelines, etc. So nothing to report there except I’m not writing it yet. I will be doing the HTML part from scratch, based on the outline of the first book. Maybe. The CSS part should be mostly unchanged, but a bit of research on each property used will soon tell. Meh. Shouldn’t be tough.
- The e-book is still going. I worked over the weekend to get my sections proofed (not done), get the sections other people proofed into the main HTML document (done, thank you Sherri and Damyanti), and then I have a few last minute things to work through. Search and replace repetitive things, make any symbol corrections for em-dashes and whatnot…things like that. Then it will be ready to go to my Kindle Beta user and she’ll let me know if it looks all right on the Kindle. If it does, I will finally, finally, get to upload this thing to the Kindle store and Smashwords. I’m shooting for next weekend. Again.
- Nothing new on the employment status, but a LOT of action on my resume lately. Calls from recruiters seem to be on the upswing too. Good stuff.
- Got another idea for a book. I don’t have it formed well enough to put it to my story structure layout yet, but when I do I’ll know whether it’s viable or not.
- Not writing fiction. *sigh*
Mm…that’s about it, I guess.
How y’all doing?