It’s Monday morning everyone, and I’ve been sort of busy over the weekend. I hope you all had a happy and safe time away from work and are facing your workday challenges and acquaintances with a smile on your face and a song in your heart.
Without further adieu:
- I finished editing and polishing (such as it is) my eBook document over the weekend. Without additional excuses available, I published on both Amazon.com and Smashwords.com. The results were mixed. With Amazon’s Kindle store, looks like all I need is for them to approve the book (wtf?) and then we’re finished. It’ll go live. That’s the big one. Smashwords gave me fits. They said something about not liking my TOC, so I have to check out what they want from me on that before that will be available in their “Premier Catalog” listing. *Yawn* We’ll see. Most Kindle authors are saying they publish on Smashwords and make about a fifth what they do on Amazon, so meh. Amazon’s the main thing right now, and they’re looking good to go.
- This is the last weekend I’ll have off of work. From now on I’ll have to spend every weekend, whether I get a job or not, writing my non-fiction book. I have so much research to do it’s daunting, and I need at least one or maybe two sample Word documents from people who’ve already written one of these to use as a template. I’m excited about it, but it’s also a lot of work, and I hope the deadline (mid-November) is doable. I think so.
- Of course, as soon as I can’t do it because of time commitments to paying things, I get a bunch of clever ideas from J. A. Konrath’s blog about eBooks and what they’re able to do. *Sigh*
- And of course, as soon as I can’t do it because I’ve committed to the paying gig, I get another idea for a novel. You know what the best inspiration is for me? Not being available to write. As soon as I have free time to write the ideas dry up like the Mojave in August. But if I can’t because I’m working on something else or FOR someone else? Idea smorgasbord. *Sigh*
- Any suggestions about marking the eBooks is appreciated. If you have a Kindle and would like to buy it, please let me know, although I don’t know why you would do that when it was up on my fiction blog for free for a long time. Still, I appreciate any and all support. Give it a nice review while you’re at it, will ya?
- I’m thinking of making a Facebook page for it. Please join it. Be a fan if you’re on FB, okay? Please? Oh, and if you know how to do this, let me know. I need all the help I can get. Thanks!
So I guess that’s not that much after all, but I felt as busy as a three-legged cat with diarrhea all weekend. Hm. All about perspective I guess.
How was your weekend? Sound off, all!