Not much to say today. I figure I’ll touch a few topics and then buzz out and leave you to your weekend. So…
- Next week, on this blog and my fiction blog both, I’ll be doing a how-to series on publishing eBooks for Amazon and Smashwords. I’m going to cover every aspect of the process but won’t dive too deep in any one thing. I’ll assume you already know how to use things like Word or OpenOffice Writer, the only two packages I’ll cover (one paid, one free). From there I’ll walk through the entire process and share how I did it and use a full post for each of those aspects, so they’ll be clear and give you all time to link, copy, share, whatever you want. Or ignore. Fair warning: this is what I’m doing on both blogs for a while, so if you get tired of reading it just skip me from your normal rotation for a while.
- Bryce, if you want to have this information on your site too, let me know; maybe I can email it to you or something if you’re interested.
- As far as the sales aspect of epublishing goes, I haven’t made much money yet. But ALL of the money I have made is money I would NOT have made if I didn’t do this. So I’m glad I did it.
- I may never make it to J. A. Konrath or Stephen King status on Kindle, but if you’re not opposed to letting some friends know about the ebook, I’d appreciate it.
- Marketing is tough and I haven’t a clue how to do it. If any of you are marketing people or have any suggestions, feel free to let me know. 🙂
- If anyone knows how to do a blog tour or is interested in having me share my experiences on their site (stop laughing! it could happen!), let me know. Thanks. 🙂
- No plans for the weekend except to work on the Slurp. I’ve broken ground but haven’t made great progress. I have to get some traction on that and get it moving. When I do I’m sure it’s going to go much faster.
That’s it for me! I’m out. Have a great weekend y’all. 🙂