Well, we had some freakish events around here the last couple days.
- I might, MIGHT, have figured out what’s wrong with my back, completely by accident, without spending a nickel. That, if true, would, as the kids say nowadays, rock. I’ll let you know as time goes on whether my theory pans out or not.
- My loving wife took a horrible and frightening fall in the kitchen on a wet floor on Thursday. Panic, screams, lots of heart palpitations. She’s sore. No indication yet whether she needs to be looked at or not, but we don’t have any health insurance regardless, so … yeah. If you pray, pray for her. She’s sore but not in agony. Broke a couple of toe nails in the spill somehow too.
- Summer reared its ugly head for what will hopefully be the last time here on Thursday too. We sat tight in the air conditioning while the heat and humidity flamed outside. Ugh. Nearly ninety with high humidity. On the upside, there was a lot of wind during the day and last night, a lot of rain too. Today is supposed to be about twenty degrees cooler. (That’s Fahrenheit; for my friends using the metric system it was about 31 here yesterday and will be about ten degrees cooler today.)
- I watched a movie called “Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas” with my wife over dinner last night. It’s based on a title of the same name by James Patterson, who also acted as executive producer. I’ve never read any of Patterson’s novels, and if it’s the SAME Patterson (who does crime thrillers, I thought), he ought NOT to venture outside his genre again. Ever. What a stinker.
- I didn’t get much Slurpin’ done needless to say. I decided to get all my procrastinating done and out of the way early, but it ended up taking up most of my day. Ah well. That’s what tomorrows are for.
So, any big plans for the weekend with you?